It’s not easy to take on the demands of life - family, work, friends, caring for your home - it can feel overwhelming trying to balance it all. For women, it can be even more challenging given the countless roles we fill.
How many times have you felt a sore throat coming on, stifled a sneeze or ignored a cough because you “didn’t have time for that?” When exactly are you supposed to be taking care of yourself? Where is the time for self-care, a clean diet, meditation, and daily exercise?
Guess what? There is time. YOU ARE NOT TOO BUSY TO FOCUS ON YOUR HEALTH. No matter how busy your days feel, there’s still room for healthy routines. All we need is a reset and now is the perfect time to make that shift.
May is National Women’s Health Month - an opportunity to encourage women and girls to make their health a priority.
Start focusing on health with a mix of short and long-term goals:
- Make sleep a top focus.
- Plan an active activity with friends - like taking a yoga class or going for a hike.
- Analyze your eating habits - make sure you're getting the right amount of nutrients
- Schedule that doctor's appointment you've been putting off.
Whatever health intentions you set for yourself this week, prioritizing your sleep health can actually help you reach your other goals. Getting quality sleep consistently can help improve all sorts of issues, from regulating our blood sugar to performance in our workouts. We need restful, restorative sleep for overall health.
Good sleep = good health:
- Improved Athletic Performance: sleep allows your heart to rest and cells and tissues to repair helping your body to repair itself after exercise.
- Regulating Blood Sugar: during deep, slow-wave sleep, the amount of glucose in your blood drops, creating a reset which your body requires to respond to your cells' needs and blood sugar levels.
- Higher Brain Function: our creativity, memory, and higher cortical functioning, such as multitasking are all dependent on quality sleep.
- Healthier Heart: while sleeping, your blood pressure goes down, giving your heart and blood vessels a rest.
- Immune System Booster: Consistent, quality sleep can help you fight off illness; your immune system releases proteins that help with recovery, as the body works to repair a wound or fight off an infection.
Prioritizing your sleep health begins with a healthy sleep environment. Investing in the right sleep products can make a huge impact on sleep quality. JUVEA pillows are made from 100% natural Talalay latex resulting in airy, buoyant, breathable pillows that promote temperature regulation, as well as maintain consistent density and recovery - a.k.a. the healthiest pillow to support you on your health journey.
Take some time this Women’s Health Month to evaluate how you can better focus on your health. The many roles you fill - mom, daughter, partner, sister, co-worker, boss, friend - will thank you for it. You are never too busy create a healthy routine and sleep can be a very powerful tool in leading the way.
Good sleep supports good health.