Earth Month is here – an important reminder to consider how we can make environmentally conscious selections in our everyday lives. This is a wonderful opportunity to reflect on our consumer choices and how they impact the environment. The products we use have a significant effect on our planet, throughout their supply chain, from their source to our hands.
One area where we can make a difference is in the sleep products we choose. We are proud to announce that JUVEA pillows are 100% FSC® Certified Latex. The FSC, or Forest Stewardship Council®, is an international organization that promotes responsible management of the world's forests. FSC certification is a rigorous standard, ensuring that forests are managed in a way that is environmentally, socially, and economically sustainable.
FSC’s 10 principles are the foundation of their forestry standard. They were developed to apply to different kinds of forest ecosystems and in diverse cultural, political, and legal settings, they require any managers of certified forests to:
- comply with all applicable laws.
- maintain or improve the social and economic well-being of workers.
- uphold the rights of Indigenous Peoples.
- maintain or improve the social and economic well-being of local communities.
- manage their products and services in a way that maintains or improves their long-term economic viability, social benefits, and environmental benefits.
- maintain, conserve, and/or restore the ecosystem services and environmental values of managed forests; and also avoid, repair, or mitigate negative environmental impacts.
- establish a management plan that outlines their economic, environmental, and social policies and objectives.
- demonstrate progress toward meeting these objectives.
- maintain or improve high conservation values.
- ensure that all management activities comply with FSC principles and criteria.
FSC Certified latex pillows are made from latex that is sustainably harvested from rubber tree (Hevea Brasiliensis) forests that have been certified by the Forest Stewardship Council. The natural latex sap is collected from plantations in South America, Southeast Asia, and Africa, which use a sustainable collection process, called tapping, that allows the tree to provide a renewable supply of latex. JUVEA FSC® Certified (FSC-C170549) latex pillows also meet the highest standards of sustainability throughout their supply chain. Combined with the clean Talalay manufacturing process, from seed to sleep, JUVEA pillows are truly as nature intended.
JUVEA FSC Certified Talalay Latex Pillows are:
- Sustainably sourced
- Environmentally friendly
- Naturally absorbent
Latex pillows are becoming increasingly popular due to their supportive and durable qualities. However, not all latex pillows are created equal, and the production of latex can be harmful to the environment if not managed properly. This is why FSC certification is so important. When you purchase an FSC Certified latex pillow, you can feel confident that you're making a sustainable and ethical choice. Not only are you supporting responsible forest management, but you're also investing in a high-quality product that will provide you with years of comfortable sleep. To learn more about the integrity and credibility of the FSC system, visit https://fsc.org/en.
Let's all do our part to make a positive impact on the planet this Earth Month and beyond!